«We are committed to helping build a society where people from different cultures live together and which is based on mutual respect, a sense of shared responsibility, cooperation and fundamental democratic rights.» From K5’s mission statement
«In the World Wide Women course, I was able to improve my German and boost my self-confidence. I also received a lot of important information about becoming integrated into the Swiss job market. The MinQ mentoring programme was helpful as well: my mentor talked to me about my job prospects, helped me write job applications and practised job interviews with me. In August 2016, I got a job as a project coordinator at a large company. My co-workers are surprised at how quickly and easily I have settled in.» Participant in the WWW course from February to June 2016
Annual Report 2017
Why does a course instructor work at the K5 Basler Kurszentrum for 27 years?
What motivates die course participant Amina Mahmoud to learn the German language?
How does the Olla-común-group leader from Mali deal with prejudice towards Africans?
You will find the answers to these questions and much more in our current annual report (only in German)
K5 in the media. We are always pleased when K5's courses, childcare programme and cevents are covered in the media. Most recently the Gundeldinger Zeitung reported on the women's breakfast in January 2017 and on K5’s mentoring programme for immigrant women who have good qualifications in December 2016. The articles are in German language.
- Frauenfrühstück neu am K5, GZ, März 2017 (815.0 KiB)
- Rückblick auf ein Jahr MinQ, GZ, Dez. 2016 (168.1 KiB)
- Interview mit G. Wawrinka, Geschäftsführerin, Frühling 2016 (772.8 KiB)
- Interview mit G. Wawrinka, money cab, Frühling 2016 (306.8 KiB)
- Im Gespräch mit G.Wawrinka, Swiss Knowhow Publi Reportage, Frühling 2016 (1.2 MiB)
- Flüchtlingskinder im K5 Kinderhort, TagesWoche, Nov. 2015 (849.7 KiB)
- World Wide Women - Powerfrauen, BaZ, Jan. 2014 (422.7 KiB)
- Wer ist das K5?, Nachbarn, Ausgabe 1, 2013 (313.9 KiB)